L.A Noire – Launch Day Blues
by · May 19, 2011
Reports of Lock ups, Freezes and even overheating are being commented on as Rockstar work furiously at resolving the issues. At this stage Rockstar are recommending :
- Delete your L.A. Noire Game Data (not save data) from the PS3 Game Data Utility. If on 360, clear the 360 cache.
- Create a new temporary PS3 user to ensure that new save files are created. If on 360, create an offline Silver Gamertag.
- Launch the game and try again. If you are on PS3, try playing while signed out of PSN.
- Check your disc for scratches, dust, dirt, or other damage. Clean if necessary.
- Check other game discs in your PS3/360 to see if issues are occurring in other games, suggesting a potential console problem.
- Try your L.A. Noire disc in a different console or try a different L.A. Noire disc in your console to determine with certainty whether the issue could be with the disc or console, rather than the software.
- If your console is overheating, try moving it to a more ventilated area or contact Sony/Microsoft for further console troubleshooting.”
There certainly is alot of chatter on the official support thread (http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/20126677-what-to-do-if-you-are-crashing-or-freezing-in-l-a-noire) both useful and non useful. Its fair to say that this game will put some pressure on your console. If you have a console thats old, unpatched and possibly sitting in a pile of dust it may cause some issues. However Rockstar are monitoring threads and suggesting if your unable to resolve the issue to use the above link and select the “Submit a Request” option.
Our recommendation on this issue is to patch, clean your disks and if in doubt contact Rockstar in the first instance.